Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Things You Should Know Before Switching to a Mac

Re: Things You Should Know Before Switching to a Mac
Posted by: Edward C. Baig 2007-12-08 17:00:00
See Full Story

Most consumers seeking a new computer this holiday season will buy a Windows PC. Yet, judging by the questions I get, many would-be buyers are considering a Macintosh for the first time, possibly because they're smitten with the iPod, or because of Apple's clever Mac guy/PC guy TV ads. I'm a Mac guy, too, though not one who believes bashing Windows is a prerequisite. So consider this column a primer on switching to the Mac. Why are Macs special? It's like explaining the difference between a Buick and a BMW.

Re: Things You Should Know Before Switching to a Mac
Posted by: willgonz 2007-12-08 17:10:50 In reply to: Edward C. Baig
I repair computers for a living. Those "bargain" computers for like $499 I see with the most problems. Macs may be more expensive but their resale value is far better. Just look at ebay.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.