Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: The Difference Between Vista and Leopard: Fear

Re: The Difference Between Vista and Leopard: Fear
Posted by: John Martellaro 2007-10-21 06:48:24
See Full Story

Reports that Vista is selling poorly relate primarily to off-the-shelf sales compared to XP. New computers that have Vista pre-installed seem to be doing well, and Microsoft has logged at least 60 million Vista licenses. The conclusion has to be that home PC customers are overwhelmed and intimidated by the prospect of installing Vista on a PC that already has XP. My take on all this is something that I've been saying all along. It's one thing for a corporation to carefully build a "spin" of an OS, push it out to their users, and clamp it down.

Re: The Difference Between Vista and Leopard: Fear
Posted by: jdear97 2007-10-21 19:06:01 In reply to: John Martellaro
I would compare an upgrade to Leopard more to a major service pack, like SP2 for Windows XP then a move to Vista. Remember the move from MAC OS9 to OS X; That was no mean feat for the weak of heart and you certainly didn't make the move with a machine of any age.
With the Hardware requirements for Vista, it may make sense only to upgrade with the purchase of a new machine.
Almost everybody made the move from SP1 to SP2.
The OS X upgrades work well and there are few complaints, but the hardware variations are very small compared to myriad Windows Machines. Apple is doing a good job, but the real test will be the move to OS XI.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.