Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: New iPod Lineup: Decisions, Decisions

Re: New iPod Lineup: Decisions, Decisions
Posted by: Ted Landau 2007-09-09 05:50:27
See Full Story

Pity the poor consumer who just decided to get their very first iPod this holiday season. That's assuming there is anyone left that does not already possess an iPod of some sort. This mythical consumer is faced with choosing from among five different iPod models, as announced at the Apple event on September 5, each of which have been at least minimally enhanced. Which one to buy? It's not an easy choice. They all have their merits and demerits. For those of you who are facing this happy dilemma, I offer my personal guide to Apple's new iPod fall lineup.

Re: New iPod Lineup: Decisions, Decisions
Posted by: mickpass 2007-09-09 21:47:35 In reply to: Ted Landau
I disagree with your assertion that the iPod classic is a lesser choice that that nano or touch. I have read many comments lamenting the fact that the touch only has a maximum memory of 16 gig. This for many is just too little. I will be buying an 80 gig classic for that reason. It will serve as a backup disk for my MBP as well as hold my entire music and video collections. Until the touch comes out with at least 50 gig, I still see the classic as a totally viable option. I would still love a touch though, but they're just not big enough yet. Maybe in three years.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.