Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: MacBook Glitches Testing Apple Users' Patience

Re: MacBook Glitches Testing Apple Users' Patience
Posted by: Bob Keefe 2006-10-30 19:35:50
See Full Story

Apple Computer has a well-earned reputation of being solid to the core when it comes to quality. As it struggles to keep up with dizzying growth, however, Apple is beginning to show some bumps and bruises. Even as it boasts in advertisements about the relative stability and reliability of its newest computers ("I'm a Mac ... and I'm a PC"), the company last week quietly acknowledged that an undisclosed number of its best-selling MacBook laptops have a flaw that causes them to inexplicably shut down, potentially causing the loss of important work and damage to other programs.

Re: MacBook Glitches Testing Apple Users' Patience
Posted by: cheezr 2006-10-30 19:48:08 In reply to: Bob Keefe
your claim that apple has a well earned rep for quality is unsubstantiated. they may have a good rep for support but their sw and hw are no better than anyone else including m$.
their hw is made by the same companies that make dell, etc . of my last 4 mac's 3 had annoying hardware defects which required trips to the repair shop. (the 4th is only 1 month old but i dont expect any improvement). as for sw, sites like macfixit exist because of the notorious problems with their minor upgrades. if anything they have more visibility in the press now but that is as far as it goes..
CZR
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.