Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Podcasting: For Geeks Only?

Re: Podcasting: For Geeks Only?
Posted by: Rachel Cooke 2006-10-20 13:40:21
See Full Story

Podcasting isn't clever or cool -- it's just plain nerdy. A lot of people think podcasting is really cool. They know that it's in some way connected with the Internet, and they've heard that Ricky Gervais and Russell Brand are into it; ergo, it must be, like, down with the kids. This is barmy. Podcasting is for geeks -- created by geeks, listened to by geeks. Think about it. Don't you ever wonder why you no longer see anyone wearing a Marillion T-shirt?

Posted by: revry 2006-10-22 10:14:42 In reply to: Rachel Cooke
Well, my podcast, "Mister Ron's Basement," is not really aimed at Geeks, who probably wouldn't have the patience to listen to 100 - 150 year old humorous stories.
Still, I usually get thousands of downloads a day, so SOMEBODY must like these things...

Posted by: FransK 2006-10-20 15:41:43 In reply to: Rachel Cooke
I have seen several people wearing Marillion shirts in the past week when I went to see live concerts by The Who, Porcupine Tree, and The Flower Kings. It just depends on where you look I suppose?
Besides, why is being a geek so bad? I mean, look who's blogging?
Frans
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.