Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Optical Drive Issues in Macbook Pro 15 inch

Optical Drive Issues in Macbook Pro 15 inch
Posted by: ronjonjd 2006-10-19 12:07:43
I dont know how widely this has been reported, however there seems to be a growing trend with the optical drives in Macbook Pro 15" versions, not working properly, being very picky with the DVD's and CD's they read and scratching up disks in the process. I just got my unit over a week ago, and it immediately displayed some strange issues with the optical drive, including being very loud, not recognizing retail CD's such as MS Office for Mac, some dvd's as well as some CDR's the drive will also not recoginize DVD+Rs even though it is supposed to, ergo, I cant burn DVDs at the moment. I researched the issue online and found that others are suffering similar issues with thier recently delivered MBPro's There is a significant thread at the following URL if anyone is interested:
http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/macbookpro/topic4226.html#oct17
Does anyone know how many owners have to report this issue before Apple decides it warrants a recall?
Thanks
Ron Janjua
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.