Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: NBC's 'Heroes' to Fly First on iTunes Music Store

Re: NBC's 'Heroes' to Fly First on iTunes Music Store
Posted by: Vern Seward 2006-10-13 12:16:33
See Full Story

Here's an interesting tidbit: NBC and Apple, along with Nissan as a co-sponsor, are offering a free sneak peek at the highly hyped new NBC TV show, "Heroes," which will run on Mondays at 9 p.m. (EST) this Fall. But there's a catch -- and you knew there would be: To get the sneak peek, you've got to go to the movies to pick up a special card that has a download code for the iTunes Music Store. Try as you might, you won't find "Heroes" listed in the free download section of the iTMS, or any other section in the store, for that matter.

Re: NBC's 'Heroes' to Fly First on iTunes Music Store
Posted by: brettbum 2006-10-13 12:31:17 In reply to: Vern Seward
A scavenger hunt gone wrong might be called a wild goose chase.
NBC and iTunes have succeeded in making for a frustrating and useless experience.
I missed the 'hype' of the show a month back, shame on me for being their customer.
I saw the 3rd episode of the series and liked the show. I wanted to catch up and watch the first and second episodes. Tried to find them on NBC and only found teasers and deadlinks to iTunes.
I didn't go to the movies a month ago and so I don't have the 'special' code to unlock the first episode.
Shame on me again for being a customer that would like to watch their shows. Apparently, I'll have to wait for reruns, just like I had to wait for re-runs 10, 20 even 30 years ago.
Maybe if NBC would stop playing silly marketing games and just make their programs available (with commercials is fine with me), their viewers/customers might do something crazy like - !Watch their shows!
Is that such a difficult concept? I don't need to go on some wild goose chase for easter eggs and TV shows. I just wanted to watch the program and see if it would be worthwhile to watch on a more regular basis.
If they don't want to make it easy, I'll likely forget and loose track of the show. I'm just one person, but there are likely to be other viewers that have missed the shows as well.
They say they want wide penetration, but they are missing the obvious potential of the internet to hook viewers with deep penetration of past episodes.
Ohh Well, there's lots of other shows to watch!
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.