Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple Follows in Dell's Footsteps, Recalls Laptop Batteries

Re: Apple Follows in Dell's Footsteps, Recalls Laptop Batteries
Posted by: Jennifer LeClaire 2006-08-27 05:55:45
See Full Story

On the heels of Dell's announcement last week that it would recall 4.1 million laptop computer batteries, Apple is recalling 1.8 million Sony batteries used in its Macintosh notebook computers. The batteries can overheat and pose a fire hazard to consumers. The recalled batteries were used with the 12-inch iBook G4, 12-inch PowerBook G4 and 15-inch PowerBook G4. Apple sold about 1.1 million of the Sony lithium ion batteries in the United States. Apple has warned customers to stop using the recalled batteries immediately.

Re: Apple Follows in Dell's Footsteps, Recalls Laptop Batteries
Posted by: GreenApple123 2006-08-31 16:01:29 In reply to: Jennifer LeClaire
I bought a replacement battery for my iBook about a month ago and it works great. Is there any reason to think that a replacement laptop battery would be any worse than the manufacturers? My iBook is not covered by the recent recall but should I have gone through Apple regardless?
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.