Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: No Matter the Gadget, Tech Support Just Isn't There

Re: No Matter the Gadget, Tech Support Just Isn't There
Posted by: Bill Husted 2006-07-22 18:30:38
See Full Story

There's a fatal flaw built into any new computer you buy -- Macintosh or PC. The same flaw can be found in the new HDTVs at the store, the fanciest cell phones and even in the brand new HDTV DVD recorders. The flaw is that decent technical support doesn't exist anymore. No matter how good the product, you're going to need help someday. My guess is you're not going to get it.

Re: No Matter the Gadget, Tech Support Just Isn't There
Posted by: machelpdesk 2006-07-22 18:37:40 In reply to: Bill Husted
Absolutely agree with your article but...
The reason that the level of service from manufacturers is so poor is that at $12/hour with 0-2 years of experience you can't get truly competent or qualified techs.
When people call my company, Mac Help Desk, we send a qualified technician with over 15 years of hands-on Mac experience to their home or office. Yes, we do charge substantially more than $12/hour. But from a customer service standpoint which woud you rather have - 2 hours on the phone to India and not having your problem fixed, or having someone come to your home or place of business and fixing your problem in a short period of time?
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.