Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Is 'Apple Backlash' a Media Invention?

Re: Is 'Apple Backlash' a Media Invention?
Posted by: Anonymous 2006-07-16 09:15:22
See Full Story

Some news outlets are reporting that Apple's reputation with consumers is wearing thin, but others maintain the company's fan base is solid. Apple is getting some bad press thanks to Chinese sweatshop claims, quality control issues and French DRM legislation, which reportedly is causing an anti-Apple backlash. "In fact, there's no consumer backlash at all," argues Wired columnist Leander Kahney. "Apple's firing on all cylinders and is selling more Macs and iPods than ever."

Posted by: lrd 2006-07-16 13:49:55 In reply to: Anonymous
I agree 100% with your article. I was in Apple store in central nj two weeks ago and the place was packed! It must be th envy of every store in that mall. The media, I think, is tryng to drive Apple into announcing their plans early on so that their competitiors can see if their efforts are going to pay off. I wouldn't be surprised if the PC industry as a whole is so scared of another Apple block buster product that they're asking their Wall Street supporters to cast doubt on Apple's earnings in order to flush Apple of out of its secrecy and divulge their plans early. After all many on Wall Street stand to lose millions invested in Apple's competitors.

Posted by: artMonster 2006-07-16 09:19:06 In reply to: Anonymous
Backlash is the new Beleaguered...
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.