Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: European Countries Follow French Lead in iTunes Battle

Re: European Countries Follow French Lead in iTunes Battle
Posted by: Thomas Crampton 2006-06-12 06:51:47
See Full Story

Apple's popular iTunes music-download service is facing fresh legal attacks in several European countries. Government consumer protection agencies in Norway, Denmark and Sweden want Apple to lift restrictions that prevent customers from playing music they bought through iTunes on devices made by Apple's rivals. Meanwhile in Britain, one of the largest digital music markets in the world, the British recording industry's trade association, the BPI, told Parliament on Tuesday that iTunes music should be made compatible with other portable music devices.

Re: European Countries Follow French Lead in iTunes Battle
Posted by: Amazed 2006-06-13 00:55:20 In reply to: Thomas Crampton
Instead of admitting defeat, why don't all those European countries, and European companies get there best engineers and designers together and see if they could come up with a website for selling music that their public likes. That way they could apply any rules that the music companies (owners of the songs) are willing to live with.
You would think that Europe could muster enough brain power - wouldn't you?
Then again, maybe this kind of thing, that is, a site like iTunes, is just way way way over their heads. Far too hard for anyone in Europe to design such a thing. Evidently, that must be it.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.