Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Microsoft Gets Mac Keyboard, Mouse Right

Re: Microsoft Gets Mac Keyboard, Mouse Right
Posted by: Jim Rossman 2006-06-11 11:36:13
See Full Story

Miracles do happen. Just look around. Apple is allowing Microsoft Windows to boot on Intel-based Macintosh computers. Now Microsoft is returning that serve with its first Macintosh-only keyboard and mouse -- the US$99 Wireless Laser Desktop for Mac. The mouse is the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000. It's been available for the PC and Mac as a stand-alone product for a while, and it's one of the few mice I've been willing to use for more than a few days.

Posted by: ashley5992 2006-06-12 14:54:11 In reply to: Jim Rossman
As a dyed-in-the-wool lefty, I take great exception to reviews such as this that wax enthusiastic about a product that 10% of us can't use. Ergonomic, the last I knew, was not a term used exclusively for right handers. What are we leftys supposed to do to take advantage of this new, not necessarily better if you can't use it, technology?

Posted by: UpajOs 2006-06-15 11:05:56 In reply to: ashley5992
For lefties or righties, try a trackball instead. I've been using the Mouse-Trak from Itac Systems, Inc. since 1987. Their original version, still available, is rather blocky-looking, but absolutely symmetric, so they can be used with either hand. Though a bit pricey ($149-$179), they're built like a tank and will last for years. Since the relatively massive phenolic ball is suspended on ball bearings, it rolls easily and eliminates the need for a mouse wheel for rapid scrolling. Studies have also shown that trackballs are far less likely to cause repetitive stress injuries. In other words, one can use a trackball for longer periods without fatigue. Lose the mouse. Get on the ball.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.