Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: When Will Apple Get Its Game On?

Re: When Will Apple Get Its Game On?
Posted by: Arik Hesseldahl 2006-06-02 11:58:21
See Full Story

I've been a Macintosh partisan since the very earliest days. I first touched a Mac mouse when I was on my high school's newspaper staff. I forget exactly what year it was, but Ronald Reagan was President. For about two decades now, I've endured the emotional and practical ups and downs of Apple Computer, and what at times seemed misplaced loyalty to its Mac platform. I got through high school, college, my first full-time job and graduate school almost entirely on the Mac.

Re: When Will Apple Get Its Game On?
Posted by: lahenson 2006-06-02 12:04:55 In reply to: Arik Hesseldahl
As such a long-time mac user, then you can remember when Jobs actively discouraged games on the mac. Since the mac was often referred as a toy, he didn't want to reinforce that image.
In hindsight, it was indeed a mistake. As an Apple Demo Day rep, I was often asked about games for the mac. I fed the feedback back up the chain.
Finally, Apple started including the game sockets in the OS, but by then it was too little, too late.
Who knows, maybe those who dual boot will start pressing for native OS X games ...
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.