Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Creative Technology Wants a Piece of Apple's Pie

Re: Creative Technology Wants a Piece of Apple's Pie
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2006-05-17 02:34:36
See Full Story

Another day, another lawsuit against Apple. Creative Technology, claims that the way Apple's iPod allows users to search for content on the device is based on technology for which it was granted a patent in 2005. Apple had applied to the U.S. Patent Office for a similar patent but it was denied. Reportedly, Creative and Apple discussed Apple licensing Creative's technology in 2001, as well as investing in a possible spin-off of Creative's line of MP3 players -- proposals that Creative apparently turned down.

Re: Creative Technology Wants a Piece of Apple's Pie
Posted by: janmorren 2006-05-17 08:01:49 In reply to: Erika Morphy
From the bottom of my heart, I hope Creative will rip its pants on this one, and will suffer even more in their search for easy money. The iPod is here for more than 5 years, now they are trying to stop it... I was so glad that Apple Corps lost its legal battle over the Apple logo and iTunes. Sick, greedy people.
"Creative was the first blahblahblah, and then came Apple".
I can say: first Apple made the GUI a commodity, and then came Microsoft. Apple sued M$ for this, and lost the battle...
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.