Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Developers Struggle to Defend Macs From 'Zero Day' Attacks

Re: Developers Struggle to Defend Macs From 'Zero Day' Attacks
Posted by: Gene J. Koprowski 2006-05-10 05:23:59
See Full Story

Mac users are facing an onslaught of security threats -- and reacting to the malware is no longer considered a good strategy. Taking proactive measures against phishers, spyware, ID thieves and other Web threats, like downloadable rootkits which infest operating systems, is the new norm. During a conference call with reporters, experts affiliated with the SANS Institute indicated that there has in recent weeks been a "surge" in attacks on the Apple OS X platform.

And ROOT KITS? On Mac OS X??
Posted by: Macaholic 2006-05-10 09:58:49 In reply to: Gene J. Koprowski
Not going to happen without an admin password on OS X. Sorry!
Next thing you know, these "experts" will warn that Mac security is compromised due to Apple using Intel processors -- as has already been spun out there on the web. I'll just beat the punch by saying that it's the OS and not the hardware that determines the sturdiness off a computer's security.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.