Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple's Boot Camp Bests Competition Running Windows on Mac

Re: Apple's Boot Camp Bests Competition Running Windows on Mac
Posted by: Robert Weston 2006-04-14 10:13:44
See Full Story

For years, my desk has been cluttered by two computers -- one Macintosh and one PC. It's been an arrangement of necessity, as I prefer the Mac but sometimes need a Windows machine for work. So it was with great interest that I read about Apple Computer's launch last week of a program allowing newer Intel-based Macs to boot Microsoft's Windows operating system. A day later, another company unveiled software that runs Windows in Mac OS X at nearly full speed.

Re: Apple's Boot Camp Bests Competition Running Windows on Mac
Posted by: icuira 2006-04-14 12:56:12 In reply to: Robert Weston
There has been much talk about Windows programs running on Boot Camp but has anybody tested how it does with the one program that interests me? Dragon Naturally Speaking.
I have heard mixed reports on this. Also what about JAW's for Windows..used by folks that are low vision or blind.
Thanks
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.