Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: iPhone With VoIP: Apple's Next Hit?

Re: iPhone With VoIP: Apple's Next Hit?
Posted by: Anonymous 2006-04-11 12:50:41
See Full Story

As buzz continues to build over Apple's fabled "iPhone," speculation increases that such a cell phone will eventually take advantage of Voice over IP, which is projected to eventually cause serious problems for cell carriers. "UK consultancy Visiongain believes that this spring Apple will launch its rumored 'iPhone' -- a high-end cell phone to which VoIP capability will subsequently be added," says a blog post at Innovation Analysis Group.

Re: iPhone With VoIP: Apple's Next Hit?
Posted by: SPJ 2006-04-11 12:54:07 In reply to: Anonymous
I have seen your article on the Apple 'iPhone' product. I have to say that as an industry analyst myself I found the article misleading. We have sources inside Apple and we are fairly certain that no such product will be launched this year.
Apple are very busy fixing bugs in the new MacBook Pros, the new iBooks (aka MacBook Home?) are out in June and they still need to update their PowerMac range to the Intel architecture. They are also launching their feature movie store and a full-screen video iPod later this year.
Given the immense technical problems with their smartphone project, a mid-late 2007 launch seems more plausible. However... I think there is clearly some heat in the Helio partnership. I wonder if instead of a true Apple iPhone, they are acutally planning an interim fix along the lines of a new ROKR?
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.