Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple v. Apple Gets to Core of the Matter

Re: Apple v. Apple Gets to Core of the Matter
Posted by: Jennifer Quinn 2006-04-04 16:37:37
See Full Story

Two legendary companies in the music industry faced off in court Wednesday in a trademark battle. Apple Corps, the Beatles' record company and guardian of the band's musical heritage and business interests, is suing Apple Computer, claiming the company violated a 1991 agreement by entering the music business with its iTunes online store. Geoffrey Vos, a lawyer representing Apple Corps, argued in Britain's High Court that characterizing the download system as an electronic device was a "perversion" of the constraints laid down in the companies' agreement.

Re: Apple v. Apple Gets to Core of the Matter
Posted by: GFCLAW 2006-04-04 17:04:16 In reply to: Jennifer Quinn
Apple corp. had made a prior agreement in which Apple would stay out of the music business. Apple, the computer company violated the terms of an earlier deal, and should pay. Apple computer has/had a logo that infringed on trademark rights of the Beatles recording group, Apple corp. When the Beatles recording company thought of that original logo of the Apple they put the logo on their own product in order for it to be recognized with music, furthermore the music of the Beatles. Now when I think of the term "Apple" I think of I-pod which is music, and not the type of music I am supposed to be thinking of.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.