Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: What iHate About iTunes

Re: What iHate About iTunes
Posted by: Stephie Coplan 2006-03-31 07:19:27
See Full Story

When I downloaded iTunes onto my computer, I sold my soul to Apple. For years, I had downloaded songs from Morpheus, Kazaa and LimeWire -- or whichever P2P file-sharing program wasn't being prosecuted at the moment. It was fun and instant and, most importantly, it was cheap. Still, Apple was offering me safety, accurate tagging -- none of this "01-By By By-Backstreet Boyz.mp3" business -- and album art for less than a dollar.

Posted by: rkoningnl 2006-04-06 02:55:46 In reply to: Stephie Coplan
I understand that sites like www.mp3search.ru, www.allofmp3.com and www.musicmp3.ru are all legal (and I also understand that record-companies have not started litigation against these sites; or does anyone have other information?). The issue is that according to the laws of the countries under which they operate, they only have to pay their local music-rights organisations and not the record-companies. Question of course is for how long the laws remain unchanged......
A good overview of legal music-sites is provided at: http://www.digimuziek.nl/legalemuziek.htm. This overview is in Dutch, but the content speaks for itself.

Posted by: alexmizell 2006-04-04 11:10:53 In reply to: Stephie Coplan
You're kidding about mp3search.ru right? How do you figure a site that sells mp3s for $.10 each (this while the RIAA is pushing Apple hard to raise its $.99 cent per download price) is doing it legally? Way to endorse people giving their card #s the Russian mafia there.

Posted by: HPS 2006-03-31 14:52:13 In reply to: Stephie Coplan
Do you really think that Russian service was legit? Why in the world would all those acts sell their music so cheaply? Since I know one of the artists, I can guarantee his music has never been licensed to them. Did you go to their legal page? It is in russian.... I guess that just isn't much of an issue to you.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.