Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Steve Wozniak: Software Losing Its Human Focus

Re: Steve Wozniak: Software Losing Its Human Focus
Posted by: Anonymous 2005-12-23 08:31:37
See Full Story

Apple Computer co-founder Steve Wozniak thinks software manufacturers have lost their focus on the needs of users, according to an interview with The Cardinal Inquirer. The early days of the Macintosh, he feels, offer a model for developers to follow. Mr. Wozniak commented, "I would try to take us back to the early Macintosh, the failed Lisa-type thinking of philosophies that the human is the center of the world and the computer gets designed around that person."

Re: Steve Wozniak: Software Losing Its Human Focus
Posted by: DATAHOLIC 2005-12-23 08:39:00 In reply to: Anonymous
What Mr. Wozniak says is not a surprise at all. It only took me ten (10) years to find an application to create a web page/site. Some application publishers, such as MacroMedia don't even believe in instruction manuals and Adobe doesn't have a clue on how to write one. But this is par for the course. Of course, this depresses the sales of the software if one cannot buy usable software. Apple is also a problem. After 11 years AppleScript is no more usable than when it came out and Automator is a kludge and an admission by Apple that it cannot make AppleScript usable. By the same token Apple will not listen to the end users that own and use their products.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.