Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Women in Tech
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Report: Open Source Vulnerabilities Rampant in Popular Projects

Re: Report: Open Source Vulnerabilities Rampant in Popular Projects
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2020-03-13 03:05:17
See Full Story

Open Source vulnerabilities rose by nearly 50 percent in 2019 over the previous year, based on a new report. Common vulnerabilities rated as high or critical severity were found in all of the most popular open source projects, according to the WhiteSource 2020 annual report, "The State of Open Source Security Vulnerabilities." The vulnerability rate is expected to continue rising. As open source usage continues to grow, so does the number of eyes focused on open source security research.

Because more are being found, does not mean more exist. Ones not found worry me more.

A lot of the vulnerabilities I have seen, one needs physical access to exploit. I find that much less worrisome.

I have noticed most vulnerabilities that would effect me personally, the attacker needs physical access to my computer. That does not worry me. I don't know if that is true for most projects, but from what I have read it is true for me.
Jump to:
download NICE inContact Remote Agent Checklist
How important is the availability of curbside service when you consider a physical store to do your shopping?
Critically Important - I will not shop at an establishment that does not provide curbside service.
Quite Important - During the pandemic I prefer not to go inside a physical location. Still, I will consider a business that does not offer curbside service.
Somewhat Important - I like a curbside option, but itís not part of my decision-making process when I choose where to shop.
Not Important - I do not use curbside pickup. When I go out to shop I want to select everything myself.