Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Solus Shines With Plasma Desktop Options

Re: Solus Shines With Plasma Desktop Options
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2020-02-01 04:09:34
See Full Story

Solus, an independent Linux distro based in Ireland, is built from scratch on the Linux kernel and the flagship Budgie desktop. This week's release brings the KDE Plasma desktop to the growing Solus family. Solus uses a rolling release that frequently updates system files and software packages to eliminate the need to periodically reinstall the operating system when new ISO or installation files are issued. Updated ISOs are available on a predetermined developmental cycle so new users have immediate access to the most recent content.

Re: Solus Shines With Plasma Desktop Options
Posted by: PrimeSuspect 2020-02-01 04:10:14 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
I too have followed Solus since its inception. Ironically the driving force responsible for pushing it to the fore later became the reason for itís decline. Development since the change of ownership however has advanced to the point where Solus is now a real contender for any Ďbest ofí list. I just hope maintaining multiple desktops does not put too much strain on the dev team.
Jump to:
How important is the availability of curbside service when you consider a physical store to do your shopping?
Critically Important - I will not shop at an establishment that does not provide curbside service.
Quite Important - During the pandemic I prefer not to go inside a physical location. Still, I will consider a business that does not offer curbside service.
Somewhat Important - I like a curbside option, but itís not part of my decision-making process when I choose where to shop.
Not Important - I do not use curbside pickup. When I go out to shop I want to select everything myself.