Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Women in Tech
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Should Discord Be in Your Incident Response Toolbox?

Re: Should Discord Be in Your Incident Response Toolbox?
Posted by: Nathan Ivinjack 2019-12-13 15:56:50
See Full Story

Cybersecurity incident response teams have choices when it comes to communication tools: Microsoft Teams, Slack, Zoom and numerous others. Some require a subscription or commercial license -- others are free. Some are niche tools specifically designed for incident response. Some are generic business communication tools that IR teams have adapted for use during a cybersecurity incident. Professionals working in incident response know that sometimes, in a live event situation, normative communication channels unexpectedly may be unavailable.

Re: Should Discord Be in Your Incident Response Toolbox?
Posted by: GusBen 2020-02-06 13:13:34 In reply to: Nathan Ivinjack
Nice article!

We've been using Discord for the last year as our main communication channel and we are very happy with it.

They lack some important features for a company chat yet tough, but we've managed pretty well overall and they are constantly adding features.

An example of such a feature is lacking to reply to a specific message, for example... but i've read they are working on it.

Regards!!
Jump to:
How important is the availability of curbside service when you consider a physical store to do your shopping?
Critically Important - I will not shop at an establishment that does not provide curbside service.
Quite Important - During the pandemic I prefer not to go inside a physical location. Still, I will consider a business that does not offer curbside service.
Somewhat Important - I like a curbside option, but itís not part of my decision-making process when I choose where to shop.
Not Important - I do not use curbside pickup. When I go out to shop I want to select everything myself.