Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Snap-Happy Trojan Targets Linux Servers

Re: Snap-Happy Trojan Targets Linux Servers
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2016-01-25 10:13:13
See Full Story

Security researchers at Dr.Web on Tuesday revealed details of the Trojan Linux.Ekoms.1, which takes screen shots and records audio to acquire sensitive and personal information, mostly from Linux servers. Malware for Linux is becoming more diverse and includes spyware programs, ransomware and Trojans designed to carry out distributed denial-of-service attacks, according to Dr.Web. Researchers did not assess the severity of the threat once the malware infects computers.

Re: Snap-Happy Trojan Targets Linux Servers
Posted by: jafcobend 2016-01-25 10:22:32 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
Although the title is sensationalized, as usual, I think this article is pretty balanced. I like most of the malware news I read on this site. But by this time I've read many security alerts, malware reports and as much cyber-security news as I can get my hands on. Based on passed reads something seems suspiciously missing from this report: Original source of discovery and its current means of deployment. Its almost as if DrWeb (not Tech News) cooked up a report about a non-existent trojan to build business.

I've been to DrWeb's site and the same vacuum of information seems to be there too, unless I missed it. Does anyone know how this was discovered, where and in what program it was embedded in?
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.