Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Another Day, Another Billion Android Users at Risk

Re: Another Day, Another Billion Android Users at Risk
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2015-10-06 01:02:53
See Full Story

Google on Monday released an over-the-air update for Nexus devices, which includes patches for the latest Stagefright vulnerabilities and other flaws. Android's Stagefright media processing feature, which recently imperiled 1 billion devices around the world, was once again putting them at risk, Zimperium revealed last week. Zimperium found two new vulnerabilities that manifest when Android's Stagefright media playback engine handles specially crafted MP3 audio or MP video files.

Posted by: jescott418 2015-10-13 04:53:36 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I know a lot of the Android exploits are not going to affect most users of the OS. I still question how Google and its partners address these issues. I know a lot of people really like the whole concept of Android and its vast openness of apps and tweaking of the OS. I used to be just the kind of end user who wanted all that. But now after a couple of years with a iPhone I cannot even think about ever using Android again. Its just so fragmented and sloppy its just not worth it.

Posted by: SecureTC 2015-10-06 01:04:12 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Great to see some vendors have signed up for the monthly patches but there is a long way to go before Android becomes as secure as its main rival...
Jump to: