Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Calculate Linux Provides Consistency by Design

Re: Calculate Linux Provides Consistency by Design
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2015-03-27 19:44:08
See Full Story

Calculate Linux 14 is a distribution designed with home and SMB users in mind. It is optimized for rapid deployment in corporate environments as well. Calculate gives users something no other Linux distro makes possible. The Xfce desktop session is customized to imitate the look of the KDE desktop environment. This design approach goes a long way toward making Calculate Linux a one-distro-fits-all solution. Individual users or entire departments can fine-tune user preferences and features without changing the common appearance or performance.

Posted by: PrimeSuspect 2019-12-29 13:57:16 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
If consumer laws applied to Linux a lot of devs would be seriously out of pocket. 'Fast' and 'stable' are touted for so many products that turn out to be exactly the opposite. Calculate is one of the few that delivers as promised and IMO deserves much wider exposure than the likes of say Manjaro that seems to have a permanent alergy to updates. Gentoo in its pure state may not be for the masses but Calculate turns this into a much more user friendly product and is better than the more widely known Sabayon. Time I think for another review of this amazing distro.

Posted by: MikeDee 2020-02-11 15:28:55 In reply to: PrimeSuspect
I don't think Calculate is better than Sabayon. I've encountered several bugs in the Kde version of Calculate that I didn't have in Sabayon. Calculate is probably better if you want to compile your own software, as Sabayon is more or less a binary distro.
Jump to:
Which Big Tech CEO that testified at the Congressional Antitrust Hearing on July 29 is the most trustworthy?
Jeff Bezos of Amazon
Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook
Sundar Pichai of Google
Tim Cook of Apple
All of them are equally trustworthy to some extent.
None of them are trustworthy whatsoever.