Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Deepin's Functionality Is a Bit Too Shallow

Re: Deepin's Functionality Is a Bit Too Shallow
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2014-05-30 04:14:11
See Full Story

Deepin Linux is something totally new. It is an Ubuntu-based distribution built around its own desktop environment called "DDE" or "Deepin Desktop Environment." The Deepin desktop design is snazzy yet simple to use. It is one of the first Linux distros to take advantage of HTML 5 technology. Add its home-grown applications such as the Deepin Software Center, Deepin Music Player and Deepin Media Player, and you get an operating system that is tailored to the average user.

Re: Deepin's Functionality Is a Bit Too Shallow
Posted by: hotroof 2015-08-17 22:51:56 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
I had no problems adding/removing items from the dock. To remove an icon right click the icon and select "undock" from the drop down menu. Adding them is a little weird. You have to open the app which will make the icon appear in the dock. Then you can right click and choose "keep in dock". Pretty simple. The distro does have some maturing to do but it's still a little different and worth checking out. The people developing it have done some great work in my opinion. I think if they keep heading in the direction they're going deepin could be an extremely popular distro.
Jump to:
Which COVID-19 vaccine would you prefer to receive if offered to you today?
Johnson & Johnson
Moderna
Pfizer-BioNTech
I'll take any COVID-19 vaccine that is made available to me right now.
I'm not sure. I need more time to make an educated decision.
I'm not interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine at this time.