Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Women in Tech
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Build Your Own Simple Linux Banking Tool

Re: Build Your Own Simple Linux Banking Tool
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2013-12-03 05:53:37
See Full Story

The Linux OS lacks an effective yet simple checking and banking tool. There are money-management tools for Linux users, of course, but most full-fledged offerings are overkill for monitoring spending patterns and balancing financial accounts. In general, Linux financial applications are either too complex to use without an accounting degree or simple, spreadsheet-style apps that do little more than help you keep an electronic copy of your deposits and withdrawals.

Posted by: jelabarre59 2013-12-04 14:31:23 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
The major problem with the open-source options for checkbook/home banking management is it seems none of then support printing. *Especially* check-printing. Yes, some of us still print checks, and until ability shows up in an open-source home banking application, we'll still be stuck running Quicken98 (yes, the 1998 version, don't need anything from the newer versions) under Wine.

Posted by: jim7fl 2015-10-10 06:29:15 In reply to: jelabarre59
Although I do not print checks, that ability is in Gnucash, which works on all platforms, including Linux. Gnucash can also communicate with the bank.
Jump to:
Which in-person activity do you most want to resume when the pandemic is over?
Attend my place of worship
Frequent bars, clubs or restaurants
Gather with family or friends
Go to entertainment or sporting events
Join colleagues at work or business events
Participate in group athletics or exercise
Return to my school
Take my children to their school
Travel
Visit my health practitioners