Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Women in Tech
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: SolusOS Has Something Cool for Veterans, Novices Alike

Re: SolusOS Has Something Cool for Veterans, Novices Alike
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2012-09-05 09:44:40
See Full Story

SolusOS is a relatively new Linux distribution that is attracting considerable interest as an alternative to unpopular desktop replacements for traditional Linux user interfaces. It has much to offer Linux users who reject the Gnome 3 desktop and find little appeal from the KDE and Unity desktop environments. It also provides Linux newcomers from the Microsoft platform a comfortable and familiar desktop experience. SolusOS has a look and feel reminiscent of Microsoft Windows yet lets experienced Linux users revel in the ease of a Gone 2 shell with a custom GNOME menu.

Posted by: slopoke 2012-09-14 17:57:38 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
Agreed. Simply the smoothest distro we've used to date. No crashes, no bugs, no complaints from our associates. Excellent review. I believe this would be an excellent choice for some OEM units. Especially for windows users. My 'boys' (touring band) use Linux for all sound and video edits. I'm into writing free lance and networking these band 'kooks'. Solus has saved me lots of grief.
Thanks for the space. Good to be here.

Posted by: smilepiper 2012-09-05 09:52:44 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
The SolusOS Gnome2 is the only one that makes sense to me. Look at dotdeb.com. Every program on there already says its been tested on SolusOS. This tells me how popular it's going to be.
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.