Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: WeatherBug: Sunny Interface, Cloudy Info Sources

Re: WeatherBug: Sunny Interface, Cloudy Info Sources
Posted by: Patrick Nelson 2012-08-24 10:25:16
See Full Story

I picked a beautiful day to road-test Earth's WeatherBug Elite app. It was a late-summer day on which the National Weather Service had just issued a Red Flag fire weather warning for my brush-fire-prone, tinder-dry neighborhood. Android weather app WeatherBug provides a set of current conditions, forecasts and maps. Extreme weather alerts and social network sharing functions are built-in too. The paid $1.99 version from Google Play is ad-free. Being a weather app skeptic, I was keen to see if WeatherBug would pick up on the obscure severe weather alert and tell me about it.

Re: WeatherBug: Sunny Interface, Cloudy Info Sources
Posted by: jescott418 2012-08-24 10:28:33 In reply to: Patrick Nelson
I am a big weather person myself. But spending money on stupid apps that crash frequently, update irregularly and mostly don't do anything special other then providing a shortcut is wasting money.
I can set by browser to link to a number of weather sites with similar information and its more up to date! Plus I can get more options. I just don't know why people think apps are so great? Is it any harder to open a browser to view information then a App?
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.