Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Thoughts of Thankfulness From Linux Land

Re: Thoughts of Thankfulness From Linux Land
Posted by: Katherine Noyes 2011-11-21 07:43:45
See Full Story

Well, the holiday season is just about upon us for another year, and for those of us in the United States, it starts this week with Thanksgiving. That, of course, is when we begin the weeks-long festive meal that will ravage diets and waistlines across the land, leaving a trail of discarded wishbones and skinny jeans in its wake. Here in the Linux blogosphere, the start of the holidays is always met with mixed feelings as bloggers contemplate the cheerless office parties and other many hours of enforced socializing to come.

Nice article except for....
Posted by: IndianArt 2011-11-21 07:46:35 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
I liked the article except for the last part 'paraphrasing' the Lord's prayer. I don't that is nice or needed.

What do you expect
Posted by: hairyfeet 2011-11-25 05:43:11 In reply to: IndianArt
From Pogson who is so "crazy" (in more ways than one) over FOSS he actually has Voldemort syndrome? Look at his past comments and postings and you will see that NEVER has he typed Microsoft or MSFT or even MS, its ALWAYS either "that other (insert OS/company)" or M$. Its like he thinks that if he types it out sekret MSFT ninjas are gonna jump out and take his Debian discs and force him to run Vista or something.

So Pogson ripping off the Lord's Prayer frankly doesn't surprise me as FLOSS has been his religion for many years now. heck I wouldn't be surprised if he has a shrine with twin photos of RMS and Torvalds surrounded by candles!
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video