Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: For Fast, Light Web Browsing, Dillo's No Dallier

Re: For Fast, Light Web Browsing, Dillo's No Dallier
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2011-10-06 14:05:33
See Full Story

Sometimes you find good things in small packages. At least that has been my experience with picking through the wares often buried in directories of open source software that feeds my Linux OS passion. Dillo, a little-known tiny Web browser, was an unexpected find. This baby browser has a very small footprint and is lightning fast. How fast, you say? It loads in under a second and renders just as quickly. In fact, I tend to be brutal with Web browsers as I constantly open and close URLs and often use them to quick-start opening files to peek inside their content.

Posted by: Schwilly 2015-11-30 04:00:15 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
After development on dwb ended, I did spend some time with dillo. Amazing software, but not what I was looking for.

Posted by: jfduhamel 2015-08-23 13:31:23 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
I found Dillo as I was seeking to use a lightweight and fast browser for offline navigation in html documentation under Linux. Firefox is taking time to load itself, this problem is gone in using Dillo.
I anyway found a drawback: Yo cannot select copy and paste in a text editor for some portions of text,which is useful to take code snippets from a documentation. This would certainly be a feature to add to this nice piece of software. I do not use Dillo for external navigation, for some security reasons, (maybe unjustified).
Best regards
JF Duhamel
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.