Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Linux - The New 'Hot' Job Skill

Re: Linux - The New 'Hot' Job Skill
Posted by: Katherine Noyes 2009-08-08 22:59:43
See Full Story

There are many reasons to love Linux, as geeks around the world already know, but recent news adds yet another to the already long list of glorious virtues: It has now been named the No. 2 hottest IT job skill. Yes, Linux has claimed the second spot on research firm Foote Partners' list of hottest noncertified IT skills, behind only Java EE/SE/ME. Rounding out the top five are virtualization, Microsoft .Net and NetWeaver. The Hot List rankings are based on the growth in value of the various skills over time, along with premium pay levels and IT spending trends.

Debate Away!
Posted by: cww 2009-08-11 14:59:44 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
Hi

This is cww and there is no debating possible. Especially if you include the uncertified clause.
The most likely I've seen are asking for kernel dev. level coding skills or Linux as an afterthought with MCSE and a dozen other certs. I've been doing Automation and Controls as a day job waiting for a Linux job. I'm still hopeful that I can use my Linux skills before I retire. But it isn't looking good. Try a search for Linux jobs within 50 miles of 56359 and see what happens.

Regards

cwww
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video