Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: IBM Open to Letting Consumers Control Identity Info

Re: IBM Open to Letting Consumers Control Identity Info
Posted by: Alexandra DeFelice 2006-03-01 01:20:13
See Full Story

IBM on Monday announced a new open-source initiative meant to boost security and give consumers more control over their personal online identity information. Code-named "Project Higgins," the initiative is a collaborative effort by Big Blue, Novell and Parity Communications to develop security software for user-centric identity management. It is based on a concept developed by Harvard Law School's Berkman Center for Internet and Society and is similar to Microsoft's planned InfoCard.

Re: IBM Open to Letting Consumers Control Identity Info
Posted by: dundiv 2006-03-01 16:17:46 In reply to: Alexandra DeFelice
Hooray for IBM for their foresight in consumer control of their personal data, and Fischer Int'l for developing the software to get the job done. This idea, including the technology to support it, is already gaining momentum in the United Kingdom. I have been suggesting just such an approach in the U.S. for a year now with my concept of how it should be implemented.
That is, by passing federal legislation to give the individual control over their name and private information, and, while we’re at it, pay them when it is sold. You can read about it in my blog, The Dunning Letter at: http://www.thedunningletter.blogspot.com.
Jack E. Dunning
Cave Creek, AZ
Jump to:
Which COVID-19 vaccine would you prefer to receive if offered to you today?
Johnson & Johnson
Moderna
Pfizer-BioNTech
I'll take any COVID-19 vaccine that is made available to me right now.
I'm not sure. I need more time to make an educated decision.
I'm not interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine at this time.