Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Early Release for Novell Open Enterprise Server

Re: Early Release for Novell Open Enterprise Server
Posted by: Robert Jaques 2004-10-13 11:48:12
See Full Story

Novell's Open Enterprise Server (OES) product is due to ship in February 2005, 10 months ahead of schedule, the company has revealed. The product will include SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, the NetWare operating systems, and a common management interface. Novell said it plans to co-ordinate the release of OES with the early 2005 availability of the first service pack for SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (SLES 9).

Re: Early Release for Novell Open Enterprise Server
Posted by: LoneHaranguer 2004-10-13 11:52:40 In reply to: Robert Jaques
10 months early? Bullcrap!
Jack Messman announced to the world at Brainshare in March 2004 that the product would ship no later than December 2004. Now it's slipped by two months (no surprise there), yet Novell's trying to make it sound like the product is early? Does everyone at Novell have amnesia? The product will be 2 months late, not 10 months early.
Messman swore to the world that the product would ship December 2004, and now it's slated for February 2005. That's not 10 months early, that's 2 months late.
Jump to:
Which COVID-19 vaccine would you prefer to receive if offered to you today?
Johnson & Johnson
Moderna
Pfizer-BioNTech
I'll take any COVID-19 vaccine that is made available to me right now.
I'm not sure. I need more time to make an educated decision.
I'm not interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine at this time.