Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Online Consumers Window Shop More than Impulse Buy

Re: Online Consumers Window Shop More than Impulse Buy
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2005-05-02 12:03:09
See Full Story

The Internet might be turning into the ultimate window shopping experience for online shoppers. Greater sophistication with browsing is making consumers more prone to comparison shop online before actually buying. Internet shoppers are more prone to visiting 10 or more Web sites before returning to a favored location hours or days later to make a purchase. This new trend of leaving a Web site before completing a sale suggests that Internet merchants need to rethink their marketing strategy and Web site design, says the author of an exhaustive study.

Posted by: 13131313 2005-05-03 17:25:21 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
OOPS!
It's wise to be careful with stats analysis covering not every circumstance influencing.
It would be extremely interesting to find out WHERE during the shopping process the cart abandonment is physically made.
In case of an early abandonment - we face a new trend as to the article.
In case of very late & immediately upon facing the credit card icons for paying e.g. The Moment of Truth - we have quite another factor = reluctancy to enter the identity into the Black Hole and the trend watch analysts need to reconsider the statements of cart abandonment causes.
I am bound to put some bucks on the second issue to at least 80%.
Regards
SecuraCharge

Posted by: cdabis 2005-05-02 23:34:17 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
Web developers often forget that not everyone has a T1/DSL/Cable connection. Many still use a 56K dial-up. Flash is flashy, but it is slow if developed incorrectly. In fact, Flash is a 'red-flag' warning, similar to the mental warning you might imagine for a Pawn Shop or a Massage Parlor; it's just too over the top.
And, yes, as others have stated, comparison shopping is an issue, too. I have often shopped for prices, checked the shipping charges, and then printed the page and used it to negotiate a "local" deal.
Just my two-bites worth! *haha*
Chris Dabis

Posted by: anomalous 2005-05-02 15:01:37 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
It's very simple. I don't shop anywhere that I have to turn over my credit card and other personal information before I learn if WA tax is going to be charged and/or the S&H cost. I'd always rather pay shipping than contribute to the coffers of the DPRW (Democratic Peoples Republic of Washington).
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.