Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Sony Online Entertainment Launching Game Auction Site

Re: Sony Online Entertainment Launching Game Auction Site
Posted by: ECT News Business Desk 2005-04-26 08:35:35
See Full Story

Sony Online Entertainment Inc. today announced plans to launch Station Exchange, an officially sanctioned auction site for its games. Station Exchange, which will debut in late June, will be an official, secure way for subscribers to the company's EverQuest II online game to buy and sell the rights to use characters, items and coin in a player-to-player auction setting. "The unsanctioned secondary market for online games is rapidly growing and more and more of our players are taking part in it," Sony Online Entertainment President John Smedley said.

Smedly and SOE sells souls to Simpletons
Posted by: Jestor-Rodo 2005-04-26 08:44:23 In reply to: ECT News Business Desk
Idiots, For the same reason SOE disliked E-bay and other player autions websites is the same reason why honest or poor players should turn and run away from EQ2 immediately ! Have you tried WoW ? Its runs on more computers then EQ2 and has learned from all the mistakes of both EQ1 and EQ2. You can still buy gold at auction sites at your own risk - WoW bans folks like that without batting an eye but since your number 1 you can clean house from time to time ! Love that Jestor -SOE doesn't
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.