A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Sun Expands HP Away Program To Lure Unix Customers

Re: Sun Expands HP Away Program To Lure Unix Customers
Posted by: Keith Regan 2004-02-26 09:32:36
See Full Story

Sun Microsystems has announced it will expand its HP Away program in a bid to lure Hewlett-Packard's Unix customers, who are in a holding pattern because a new family of HP servers has been delayed. The company will dangle its own Unix operating system, Solaris, as an alternative to HP-UX. Sun is dangling several carrots to attract HP customers, including free two-week migration assessments and a lease buy-down program designed to level out the costs of migration.

Re: Sun Expands HP Away Program To Lure Unix Customers
Posted by: dagu 2004-02-26 09:38:58 In reply to: Keith Regan
"a new family of HP servers has been delayed."
I am not aware of any delays in HP servers? PA-RISC, Alpha and Itanium based servers have not been delayed.
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.