Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Saving Your Web Site from the Search Abyss

Re: Saving Your Web Site from the Search Abyss
Posted by: Naseem Javed 2004-02-05 05:45:11
See Full Story

In the world of e-commerce, SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is vital. A top position in a major search engine is defined as a citation on the first page or two of results. A site occupies a middle position if it appears several pages into the results listing, say, 10 or more. A site stuck in a down position is so low that it is lost in an abyss. Here are a few tips for staying afloat amid the sea of results.

Re: Saving Your Web Site from the Search Abyss
Posted by: djmathu 2004-02-09 09:11:46 In reply to: Naseem Javed
I don't think the suggestions deemed 'SEO-Friendly' are actually SEO friendly. They are suggestions of how to come up top in results if you have an obscure and unusual search term that lacks competition and is easily memorable only. This is good for a web site that has not been optimised as no optimisation is required to cope with competitors.
Domain names that match your business field in a two-word popular search term with a dash are great for search optimisation; a dash is recognised as a space by a spider and therefore helps a web site appear on the phrase that is being optimised.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition