Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: US Senate Move May Harm Indo-US Ties

Re: US Senate Move May Harm Indo-US Ties
Posted by: Indrajit Basu 2004-02-02 19:49:05
See Full Story

The U.S. Senate's passage of the Appropriations Bill, which bans outsourcing of government contracts to companies outside the United States, has ruffled many feathers in India, which has termed the move as against the spirit of global trade. Industry lobbies such as the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) and the Confederation of India Industries have expressed their concern, terming the move "unfortunate and unwarranted."

Re: US Senate Move May Harm Indo-US Ties
Posted by: speedoflight 2004-02-04 12:02:57 In reply to: Indrajit Basu
It's about time! Outsourcing is killing the high-tech/IT job market in the US. The US Senate's responsibility is to protect US interests and its people. I am all for this ban and more! I want to see outsourcing curbed entirely is possible or minimized to a small trickle. I have a friend who recently went to Bangalore and came back extremely depressed. She said that it's absolutely booming in Bangalore and other Indian cities where high tech rule. The amazing purchasing power of Indians due to the boom is causing for the area to grow and expand at a breakneck speed. There are such an abundance of jobs in India right now. That is NOT the case in the US. We are suffering. Our salaries have slid back 30-40% while costs of living have not decreased. It's becoming more and more difficult for a qualified person to find employment in the US. This has to STOP, people! I am a US taxpayer and I do NOT want jobs shipped to India. I do not want to pay for India's growth.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads