Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: New IE Flaw Piles on Pressure for Microsoft Patch

Re: New IE Flaw Piles on Pressure for Microsoft Patch
Posted by: Elizabeth Millard 2004-01-29 11:43:26
See Full Story

A new vulnerability in Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browser that could deceive Web users into downloading malicious files has been reported. The hole was identified in version 6 of IE, but previous releases also could be affected. The newly reported flaw allows a Web site owner to misidentify a downloadable file, so a malicious file can appear as one that is secure. For example, site visitors may believe they are downloading a PDF file while actually bringing a self-executing worm onto their computers.

Re: New IE Flaw Piles on Pressure for Microsoft Patch
Posted by: ceyyoung 2004-01-31 17:01:12 In reply to: Elizabeth Millard
It is unfair that it is legal and that Microsoft leaves the opportunity for others to install things on to someone's PC without your consent. There is a thing called piracy. If I can't install what I want on to my PC without a license then others should not be allowed to do the same. If any person or company wants to install software or hijack things on to my PC then they should get a license from me.
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads