Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Musicmatch CEO Dennis Mudd on Online Music's Evolution

Re: Musicmatch CEO Dennis Mudd on Online Music's Evolution
Posted by: Elizabeth Millard 2004-01-21 17:11:42
See Full Story

In the six years since Musicmatch opened its virtual doors, the online music business has seen some significant changes. Musicmatch CEO Dennis Mudd spoke with the E-Commerce Times about what lies ahead. "Things now are like we expected them to be in '97," he said. "When we put the original business plan together, it was about selling music over the Internet. We thought it would be six months before it really took hold. We were off by about six years."

Let's be real...
Posted by: Cartel 2004-01-21 17:12:10 In reply to: Elizabeth Millard
<I think iTunes is successful, since I believe they have about 400,000 users, according to Nielsen. But we have 45 million registered users of our software,>
These guys are funny. They're always trying to downplay the success of the iTunes Music Store and Apple in general. The reason they have so many users is that they've been operating FOR SIX YEARS! But as far as downloads go, they have sold as many since launching their music store as Apple has. But they won't talk about that. Hell, Apple has sold more music than MusicMatch and that crappy Buy Music.com together!!!
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads