Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: SCO Turns Up Heat on Linux Users

Re: SCO Turns Up Heat on Linux Users
Posted by: Keith Regan 2003-12-22 09:13:04
See Full Story

Signaling its intention to turn up the pressure on Linux users, the SCO Group has announced a stepped-up initiative to collect licensing fees from hundreds of enterprises that use both Linux and Unix. Toward that goal, SCO said it has sent out letters warning that it "will take appropriate action to protect our rights." The letters offer recipients a chance to negotiate with SCO and appear to be the final warning before SCO proceeds with lawsuits against Linux users.

Posted by: uzer 2003-12-31 21:07:33 In reply to: Keith Regan
When will it end? This saga should have never happened. Why don't we start to hold these people responsible for the waste of individual and corporate man hours?

Posted by: Mediajuggle 2003-12-22 17:21:22 In reply to: Keith Regan
These guys are such scumbags.....
I really... really... hope this company loses everything and disappears...
and I'm not even a Linux user, though now they're targeting Mac Os X as well...
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.