Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Most Trusted Companies in E-Business

Re: The Most Trusted Companies in E-Business
Posted by: Elizabeth Millard 2003-12-22 07:40:13
See Full Story

In the e-business realm, unique challenges abound for firms that are trying to build a loyal customer following. Consumers may be wary of e-commerce in the face of identity theft, network security breaches, poor online customer service and the lingering shadow of failed dot-coms. However, some companies have managed to beat the odds and become household names, with good repeat business and solid word-of-mouth among users. How
did they succeed in winning customers' steady clicks?

Re: The Most Trusted Companies in E-Business
Posted by: epikdave 2003-12-22 07:52:08 In reply to: Elizabeth Millard
I believe an exceptional user-friendly site and responsive business is what will win customers' clicks. This entails easy-to-use navigation on a site, speedy downloads, functional forms and shopping carts and proper processes for handling customer service inquiries. These in turn develop a perception of the company by the customer - either positive or negative based on their customer's experience.
A company's brand is now often built through a series of meaningful interactions with the customer and the important thing to remember - this often includes multichannel operations - whether online or in a store, it is imperative the experience is positive and consistent for the customer.
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.