Transforming Strategies in the New Energy Landscape » Watch the On-Demand Webinar
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: The Most Trusted Companies in E-Business

Re: The Most Trusted Companies in E-Business
Posted by: Elizabeth Millard 2003-12-22 07:40:13
See Full Story

In the e-business realm, unique challenges abound for firms that are trying to build a loyal customer following. Consumers may be wary of e-commerce in the face of identity theft, network security breaches, poor online customer service and the lingering shadow of failed dot-coms. However, some companies have managed to beat the odds and become household names, with good repeat business and solid word-of-mouth among users. How
did they succeed in winning customers' steady clicks?

Re: The Most Trusted Companies in E-Business
Posted by: epikdave 2003-12-22 07:52:08 In reply to: Elizabeth Millard
I believe an exceptional user-friendly site and responsive business is what will win customers' clicks. This entails easy-to-use navigation on a site, speedy downloads, functional forms and shopping carts and proper processes for handling customer service inquiries. These in turn develop a perception of the company by the customer - either positive or negative based on their customer's experience.
A company's brand is now often built through a series of meaningful interactions with the customer and the important thing to remember - this often includes multichannel operations - whether online or in a store, it is imperative the experience is positive and consistent for the customer.
Jump to:
What is your opinion of technology's place in the world?
Technology could be used to solve most of the world's problems if properly applied.
Technology creates more problems than it solves.
Some technologies are inherently good, and some are inherently evil.
I accept technology's risks in order to enjoy its benefits.
I'd like to go back in time to an era when technology was far less prevalent.
I'd like to go forward in time to a more technologically advanced era.