Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Homebred CEO Summons IBM's Past, Present, Future

Re: Homebred CEO Summons IBM's Past, Present, Future
Posted by: Kevin Maney 2003-11-20 22:46:52
See Full Story

More than a decade ago, IBM chief executive Sam Palmisano worked as an administrative assistant to then-CEO John Akers, who presided over IBM's near-collapse. Now, Palmisano -- 52 and a 30-year IBMer -- has been CEO for almost 20 months. Today marks a significant point in his tenure. He's about to circulate internally a set of cultural values, based on extensive employee input, that will govern IBM for years to come -- and he wants IBM to set the technology industry's agenda, the way it did when it ruled the high-tech world.

Re: Homebred CEO Summons IBM's Past, Present, Future
Posted by: Goodnews 2003-11-21 05:43:32 In reply to: Kevin Maney
In the complex adaptive world that thrives on interconnectedness, organisations can only survive if a shared value system governs the relationships with all stakeholders. Indeed, it is true that there should be NO plan B, as this is the only way to support the competitive nature of the business ecosystem. Sam has spoken in the true spirit of Ubuntu (humanity).
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.