Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Luxury E-Tail: Who's Buying This Stuff?

Re: Luxury E-Tail: Who's Buying This Stuff?
Posted by: Lesley Hensell 2003-11-18 11:35:03
See Full Story

A $75 box of truffles. A $550 designer handbag. A $10,000 diamond ring. While these may not sound like the kinds of products consumers would rush to buy over the Internet, e-tailers are claiming growing success in selling to the wealthy -- or at least to those with expensive tastes. "During the last big boom, from 1998 through about 2000, people bought more luxury items and got used to it," Ken Kellerhals, CEO of gourmet chocolatier Bissinger's, told the E-Commerce Times.

Posted by: mdonovin 2008-06-10 11:30:03 In reply to: Lesley Hensell
Mama always said pay more. buy once and the value will be in the quality of the item...are the wealthier smarter about purchasing quality? I bought a simple pull over-shirt 20 yrs ago and paid a whopping 40 bucks for it and I still have it!!! And I can't count or remember the dozens of cheap shirts I bought that are in the trash...QUALITY doesn't cost - it pays.

Expensive Jewelry & Designer Clothing
Posted by: sndgems 2008-04-17 16:51:22 In reply to: Lesley Hensell
It is getting very difficult to sell luxury items.

Posted by: Soky 2003-11-20 03:21:43 In reply to: Lesley Hensell
Very good article... this season appears to be starting slower than expected, but hopes remain high. You made some very good points... especially about customer service.
soky
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads