Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Online Site Helps Win Friends, But Is It Losing Influence?

Re: Online Site Helps Win Friends, But Is It Losing Influence?
Posted by: Rodney Ho 2003-11-04 15:38:13
See Full Story

Imagine you have 246,844 friends in cyberspace -- only 18 of whom you actually know. It's possible with Friendster.com, the free online social pyramid that burst on the urban hipster scene eight months ago and has amassed 2 million registered users. Some early users say they have already moved on, turned off by the site's popularity. And copycat pages and anti-Friendster sites have popped up to feed on the interest. Whether they signal a dying fad or a sustained phenomenon, the site's developer is too frenzied to deal with most press inquiries.

Friendster Not Really Helpful
Posted by: GolferTim 2003-11-24 13:00:39 In reply to: Rodney Ho
The Friendster model of allowing friends to leave testimonials doesn't really provide a true measure of a person's reputation. After all, the person being commented on has to approve your comment before it is even posted.
When will sites start allowing any comment to be posted? That service added to Match.com type sites would be very helpful. Some sites such as OnlineReputation.com are going in that direction.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.