Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Ding-Dong, the Wicked Pop-Under Company Is Dead

Re: Ding-Dong, the Wicked Pop-Under Company Is Dead
Posted by: Keith Regan 2003-10-29 12:32:29
See Full Story

X10. Just the company name is enough to send some Internet users into convulsions. The firm was, for all intents and purposes, the first major user of the dreaded pop-under ad, which, at the time it was introduced, easily ranked as the most obnoxious and intrusive form of online advertising ever invented. The good news is that X10 has gone bankrupt. If that's not cause for rejoicing, I don't know what is. Of course, there are few clear-cut bad guys in the technology world.

Re: Ding-Dong, the Wicked Pop-Under Company Is Dead
Posted by: jbharding 2003-10-29 18:18:14 In reply to: Keith Regan
The owner of X10 is none other than Chung Hin Chew, the bully in our book, Escape from Paradise. What Mr. Chung attempted to do to the three brothers is consistent with his behavior in Escape from Paradise. It is a validation of our book.
Will X10's creditors ever see their money? In Escape from Paradise, we explained CLEARLY what X10 was doing. X10 was generating losses in the US, and shifting over their profits to the parent company in Hong Kong. The profits most likely wind in the tax-free haven of Bermuda, at Chungco Bermuda Ltd, the holding company of X10 in Hong Kong. X10's creditors have a long way to go to catch up with the elusive Hin Chew Chung.
When Hin Chew Chung and his family ran into trouble in Brunei in 1984, they fled to extradition-safe Singapore, which serves as a haven for crooks. Unfortunately for him, Mr. Chung was caught in Brunei where the authorities detained him for one year.
Immediately after his release from Brunei, Hin Chew flew to Hong Kong to meet with mysterious ex-CIA agent, Dan Arnold. Hin Chew’s father, S. P. Chung, emerged from hiding to attend the meeting. After the meeting, Hin Chew Chung flew to London where he hired Queen's Counsel Alexander Irvine, who later became Lord Chancellor of England, serving on the British Cabinet. The details and more are in Escape from Paradise.
Since the announcement of the lawsuit against X10 on October 21, 2003, we have made numerous attempts to contact Hin Chew Chung and his relatives in Asia since the news broke, but their telephones go unanswered, and their FAX machines appear not to work. Is history repeating itself? Have the Chungs gone underground again?
The Beginning of X10's Collapse was on September 26, 2001, X-10 withdrew it's application with the SEC to go public. The fact that we sent the SEC a copy of Escape from Paradise certainly had something to do with that.
On August 13, 2001 we received a letter from the SEC stating, "Thank you for your August 6th setting forth your additional concerns regarding X-10 Wireless Technology Inc, and enclosing a copy of a book about Mr. Hin Chew Chung."
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.