Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Oracle Taps Sun To Challenge Microsoft

Re: Oracle Taps Sun To Challenge Microsoft
Posted by: Keith Regan 2003-07-28 12:27:32
See Full Story

Saying their combined assets can drive down the cost of deploying real-time collaboration software, Sun Microsystems and Oracle have announced plans to work together to spread the word about the benefits of their alternatives to Microsoft's dominant Office suite. Sun vice president Stuart Wells said the effort is aimed to make it easier for enterprises "to cut their tether to Microsoft's pricing schemes and frequent security breaches."

Re: Oracle Taps Sun To Challenge Microsoft
Posted by: bazzacoidan 2003-07-28 12:36:23 In reply to: Keith Regan
God, this is total deceit. Please tell me what "They've both got great band recognition in the enterprise and are trying to be the alternative in the software space," means. Who is the dork spoating this nonsense? And "They've taken aim at pricing because they know it's something enterprises complain about." Yeah, tell me something new. If your competitor undercuts on price, what do you do?
In your case, write a "totally non added value synopsis of a neo - e boom scenario". Haven't you guys learnt anything?
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in