ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Apple in 2008

Re: Apple in 2008
Posted by: Robyn Weisman 2003-06-19 10:12:46
See Full Story

If industry influence trumped such traditional economic considerations as market share, Apple probably would be the top computer manufacturer. Since prodigal founder Steve Jobs retook the reins in 1997, the company has revolutionized PC and notebook design and has shaken up the consumer electronics sector with the iPod. Now, Apple is moving into digital distribution with its iTunes Music Store launch. With all of the changes occurring, we at the E-Commerce Times wondered: Where will Apple be in five years?

8% in 2008 ?
Posted by: Aphelion 2003-06-19 11:34:49 In reply to: Robyn Weisman
Once again market share is confused with installed base. A big hit with the introduction of the next-generation processors could skew the "market share" rapidly upwards, hardly needing five years to reach 8%.
Looking at 2003 it would be hard to offset poor first-half sales due to savvy customers waiting for the next-generation Macs. There are many Apple customers in the installed base who have been holding off upgrades for years. Pent-up demand could easily push quarterly sales to the high single digits after the initial release of the new Powermacs.
For the full year of 2004, with the next-generation technologies spreading across the Apple line-up and OSX "Panther" in full release, Apple may reach that 8% market share four years early.
~
Aphelion ...
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in